Sunday, November 29, 2009

Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology

The Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology is highly thought out. This plan covers practically everything from students to administration to the community. It not only gives a vision for each stakeholder, it also points out areas for improvement. The plan also gives recommendations at every step towards a fully integrated technological classroom. As a future administrator I find the Long Range Plan to be extremely helpful. It almost provides a roadmap to technology integration.

To be honest, before this class I did not know there was a plan for technology in the Texas school system. I went through education certification only a few years ago and there was not a lot of emphasis on technology. We were required to purchase laptops but that was the extent of it. We did not recieve any training on integrating technology in the classroom beyond powerpoint lectures. I believe I had one lesson on creating a web page. The Texas Long Range Plan is a wonderful tool to guide me and my future team to a more successful environment. The plan will help me create a vision for my campus and be a stepping stone for the staff, parents, students, and community towards change.

No comments:

Post a Comment